- Must possess the technical knowledge and breadth of experience to troubleshoot engineering problems over a wide range of disciplines and to interact with senior technical management at existing and potential customers and suppliers.
- Must understand a broad range of business skills including market analysis, sales and marketing, accounting, communications, and regulatory matters.
- Strong leadership and analytical skills to assess situations and drive decision making.
- Strong problem solving – ability to anticipate and recognize issues, consider options, impacts and trade-offs, and make decisions to drive results.
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral.
- Familiarity with project management software such as Microsoft Project.
- Ability to function in a changing, high-impact position, with deadline and resource limitations.
- Ability to simultaneously manage the development of multiple projects.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate across disciplines and integrate all aspects of business as they impact development projects, including negotiation of scope, roles and responsibilities, specifications, timelines, and resources throughout the organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
MS/BS in engineering, business, or science disciplines, or equivalent, and 7+ years of related industry experience is required. 5+ years of direct project management experience is preferred. Must have experience developing products using a structured product development process.