Copley Controls, a business unit of Analogic Corporation, is a worldwide leader in high
performance motion solutions. In end applications ranging from semiconductor manufacturing
tools to laboratory automation machinery to satellite tracking, Copley motor drives deliver world
class performance. Our motion control group is seeking a Senior PCB Designer to work closely
with hardware design engineers to design circuit boards for new and existing products. The ideal
candidate is an expert PCB designer who is known for his or her attention to detail and takes
enormous pride in seeing their designs turn into world class products.
Use schematic capture and PCB layout tools to create PCB designs of moderate to high density
based on initial schematics and verbal direction from design engineering
• Create artwork of highly complex PCBs where design challenges include limitations on space,
noise-sensitive circuits, high voltage isolation and thermal management
• Create engineering change orders (ECOs) to release or update PCB schematics, artwork,
assembly drawings, Bills of Material and component documentation per Analogic revision
control and related procedures
• Collaborate with Manufacturing and Test engineering during the PCB design process to ensure
that PCB designs can be made and tested reliably and cost effectively.
BS in a technical discipline or equivalent, with a minimum of 3 years of high density PCB design
experience. Alternatively, 2 years of college in a technical discipline and 7 years related
experience, OR 1 year of college in a technical discipline and 9 years related experience OR 11
years related experience.
• Strong working knowledge of OrCAD schematic capture and PADS PCB design tools including
features used to set up and validate design rules (clearances and connectivity). Recent
experience with Allegro PCB Designer is a plus.
• Experience designing PCBs for medium to high volume manufacturing with an excellent
understanding of PCB fabrication, assembly and test technologies, processes and limitations.
• Experience designing compact, mixed signal (analog, high speed digital and power) PCBs
• Extremely well organized
• Ability to work well with others
• Solid verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of MS Word